Analysis : J&K Govt says permission must for constructing house in villages


Jammu, Jan 25: The Government has designated competent authority to issue permissions for the construction of residential houses in rural areas of Jammu and Kashmir.

For the construction of permission of commercial buildings including shops and government buildings SDM is the chairman of the committee while Tehsildar concerned, town planning officer concerned, BDO concerned and Sarpanch of halqa panchayat are members of the committee.

“In exercise of powers conferred by Section 12 sub-section 2 (iv) of Jammu and Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 read with Rule 155 & 156 of J&K Panchayati Raj Rules, 1996, as amended from time to time, the sanction is hereby accorded to the designation of the competent authority for grant of permission for construction/re-construction/alteration of residential/ commercial buildings in rural areas of J&K,” reads the order.

Here is an Analysis of the entire order: How to seek permission to construct houses, buildings in J&K villages?

(Correction: The penalty amount has been incorrectly mentioned in the report above. It is Rs 5000 for first offense and Rs 10,000 for subsequent offence.)

For easier understanding of people, here is a news report in Dogri by Surinder Sagar.

J&K Govt says permission must for constructing house in villages


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:




More like this

Now BJP won’t have courage to allow polls in J&K, says Omar after Karnataka election results

SRINAGAR: Former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Saturday said the...

Last date for applying online ATD-2023 extended till May 15

SRINAGAR: School Education Department has xtended last date of...

J&K | Raft Turns Turtle In Chenab River In Reasi, All 13 Rescued

JAMMU, May 8: A raft carrying 13 people turned...

JKDMA Issues Avalanche Alert for Four Districts

SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir Disaster Management Authority (JKDMA) on Monday...